The moment you step into winters, the urge of divine food follows you. And nothing can own the worth of trout when it comes to the taste of a gourmet. Nature seems to reward us for our patience over the winter by delivering all sorts of wild edibles.
Trout is native to North America, found in its abundant cold-water rivers and lakes. Although there are many species of trout but rainbow trout appears most often on restaurant menus and in fish markets. Trout contain lowest amounts of mercury along with variety of health benefits. Trout is a low-fat food, with 5 grams of total fat in a serving yet loaded with nutrients, protein and vitamin d.
What if you get all these benefits with really great taste. Just follow the this recipe to get mouthwatering dish.
Trout with Salted Cabbage RecipePrint This
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 pieces root ginger, finely shredded
- 4 trout, cleaned
- 150 ml (1/4 pint) chicken stock
- 25 g (1 oz) pickled cabbage, chopped
- 25 g (1 oz) canned bamboo shoots, drained and sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- lemon twists
- coriander leaves
- Heat the oil in a wok or deep frying pan, add the onion and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the trout, fry for 1 minute on each side, until browned and Stir in the stock.
- Then add the cabbage, bamboo shoots, soy sauce and sherry.
- Cook for 10 minutes, basting the fish occasionally.
- Transfer to a warmed serving dish and garnish with lemon twists and coriander.
- Serve immediately