This Syn Free Beef Bacon, Onion and Potato Bake reminds me of my childhood, where it was affectionately known as “Tin Of Praters” & perfect when following Slimming World!
Syn Free Beef Bacon, Onion and Potato Bake is ridiculously easy to make. Seriously! We like an easy dinner, especially if we’ve had a full day of prepping and cooking.
The main star of the dish is the way that the bacon cooks, and flavours the stock. This stock is then absorbed by the potatoes – and makes this dish so, so epic!
Syn Free Beef Bacon, Onion and Potato Bake RecipePrint This
- 1 kg Potatoes (peeled and sliced thinly)
- 16 Beef Bacon Medallions (you can use more bacon if you wish, depending on the pack size. Some have 8 medallions, some 10 per pack)
- 2 Onions (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1 Veg stock Cube (or chicken stock cube made up with 200ml of boiling water)
- Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 40 g Reduced Fat Cheddar (grated – for 1/4 of you HEA per portion)
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C
- Spread a layer of sliced onion on the bottom of an oven proof dish
- Arrange a layer of potato slices and beef bacon on top of the onions, alternating a couple of slices and potato with a piece of beef bacon. Next add another layer of onions. Repeat until you have used up all the beef bacon and potatoes. You should have a couple of layers at least
- Pour the made up stock over the top, then season with a little salt and pepper. Spray the top with a little butter Frylight, then cover with foil and seal
- Cook for an hour, then remove the foil and check that the potato is cooked. If not cover and return it to the oven for a bit longer. When it is cooked sprinkle the cheese over the top, then return to the oven for another 10 – 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is golden brown