Mushrooms are a type of fungi,commonly found in most of the regions of the world. They are mostly domed or umbrella shaped. Many of them are toxic but those which are not toxic can be used as food as they are very tasty. They have many other purposes as well.
Madeira is a Portuguese white wine fortified with brandy. Madeira is unique in that it’s heated during the wine-making process, which makes it especially good for cooking since exposure to heat doesn’t affect its rich, nuanced toffee-like flavor. When Madeira is dried ,it gets a very sweet taste.
Mushroom soup recipe with Madeira is very healthy. It contains antioxidants which can help you to keep your skin healthy everyday. It reduces risk of cancer. Mushrooms contain as much potassium as banana. It is very low in calories. You can make this mouth-watering soup by following some easy steps.
Mushroom Soup Recipe with MadeiraPrint This
- Mushrooms, finely chopped – 500 g (1 lb)
- Butters – 75 g (3 oz)
- Onion, finely chopped – 1 large
- Plain Flour – 25 g (1 oz)
- Chicken Stock – 900 ml (1 1/2 pints)
- Dry Madeira – 120 ml (4 fl oz)
- Double Cream – 150 ml (1/4 pint)
- Salt and Pepper – to taste
- Chopped Parsley to garnish
- Melt the butter in a large pan, add the chopped onion and cook for 20 minutes or until evenly browned.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in the stock then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the madeira and cream and heat through gently.
- Garnish it with parsley and serve immediately!