Artichoke is a flower shaped vegetable. It is used in a variety of tasty dishes in Asian cuisine as well as in many other regions of the world. It helps to cure many fatal diseases.
Parsley is the world’s most popular herb, has green tiny leaves. Parsley is often added to meals to enhance the flavor or presentation of a dish. However, it may also provide a range of health benefits.
Artichoke and Parsley Soup is very delicious with plenty of benefits. It prevents serious conditions like heart diseases and cancer, improves immune function, protects your blood vessels, fights many diseases. Here is the easy recipe to make artichoke and parsley soup.
Jerusalem Artichoke and Parsley Soup RecipePrint This
- Jerusalem Artichoke – 1 kg (2 lb)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Butter – 25 g (1 oz)
- Onion, chopped – 1 large
- Chicken Stock – 600 ml (1 pint)
- Milk – 300 ml (1 pint)
- Single Cream – 150 ml (1/4 pint)
- Parsley – finely chopped, 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Peel and chop the artichokes, place in a bowl with lemon juice and enough water to cover.
- Melt the butter in a large pan, add the chopped onion and cook until transparent but not coloured.
- Drain the artichokes and add to the pan with stock, milk and salt to taste.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Cool slightly
- Sieve or work in an electric blender until smooth.
- Return to the pan and reheat.
- Stir in the cream and parsley and serve immediately.