Salmon, prawns and loads of minced veggies make this puree a healthy nutritious meal in a crock. It’s just the hearty homemade fish soup.
Seafood soups are primitive and are sometime served with large lumps of fish or vegetables left in the liquid.
Fish soup is a broth made by combination of fish or seafood with vegetables and stock. Hot soups are additionally categorized by boiling solid constituents in liquids in a pot until the flavors are released, forming a broth.
A delicious chowder enriched with flavour, this broth features prawns, fish, veggies cooked and extracted with saffron.
Delicious Seafood Saffron Soup RecipePrint This
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 250 g (8 0z) potatoes, diced
- 600 ml (1 pint) milk
- 300 ml (/2 pint) fish or chicken stock
- 750 g (12 lb) white fish fillets
- 4 shelled scallops, roughly chopped
- 120 ml (4 fl oz) white wine
- 1 teaspoon powdered saffron
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 125 g (4 oz) peeled prawns
- 150 ml (¼ pint) double cream
- few unshelled cooked prawns to garnish
- Put the onions and potatoes in a pan, add the milk and stock and bring to the boil.
- Cook for 15 minutes, until soft. Cool slightly, then sieve or work in an electric blender until smooth.
- Cut the fish into 4 cm (1/2 inch) pieces.
- Return the soup to the pan and add the fish and scallops.
- Cook gently for about 10 minutes, until tender.
- Stir in the wine and saffron, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the prawns and cream and serve immediately, garnished with prawns.